Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Spring Break 2014

Oooohhhh.... so much to talk about!

First, we took the family to the Grand Geneva resort for Spring break in Lake Geneva, WI. It's been a fun trip away and I'm almost sad to go home! We did a lot of swimming and ate at some good local places. The kids and I met some of my husband's colleagues, spent quality time getting to know Marissa at the Geneva Club and ate WAY too much (as you always should on a vacay!).

Naturally, getting 3 kids out of the house, finishing up the to-do list before leaving and packing up the vehicle meant I forgot the camera.  Boo.  Thank goodness for phones and tablets.  At least we have some pics, even if they are not the best.


We arrived to cookies, milk, fruit, cheese, crackers & bottles of water.
Everyone felt like a VIP!


Seriously, are we the only family who goes straight to the TV upon arrival?  I hope not!

Jacob jumping on the master bed & DH watching the tube.
Alana is hiding by the sofas.


Jacob calls this next picture "Two Little Monkeys Jump on Bed. One fell down. Bump his head. Dr said no more monkeys or Alex jump on bed!"  He wants me to point out that this is HIS room - the best because it has two beds!

Alex & Alana checking out the kids' room.


The only downside was the weather and the stomach bug.  Yep, it was cold and we had a bug.  The day we left my eldest son was sick.  I mean sick in the bathroom throwing up.  After the 5th time, I was concerned, but he insisted he was doing better.  Thank goodness that was the last time.  The next day his stomach was still sensitive, but he held down his food.  My DH, on the other hand, was sick day 2.  Day 3 my sweet daughter threw up 1st thing in the morning in her crib.  Yuck.  Two baths later and a visit from housekeeping then we were good.  It got me on day 5.  So far, Jakey is the only one who has been ok and our fingers are crossed he stays that way!

We're going to check out the game & archade room this afternoon.  The Geneva Club has board games, computers, TVs, etc. so Alex has been practicing his Checkers skills against me.  Every time he claims to be better at Checkers than any one else, I have to teach him a lesson and show him no mercy!  LOL  I throw him a few bones here and there - and make stupid mistakes now and then myself. In the end, we have fun and that is part of what counts (winning is the other part! lol). The game room is supposed to have Wii, Xbox, Ping Pong, Air Hockey, Etc. so I'm sure the boys will have fun!

I'll write more later as time permits.  Thanks for reading & have a wonderful day!








No comments: