Saturday, March 29, 2014

Before we left on our trip...

Before we left on our trip, I was able to make a few more lacey hair accessories. I'm so in love with making these delicate spring beauties! The best is the butterfly. It's SO pretty in person, I wish I took better photos.  I suppose upgrading from phone and tablet pics could help. Ugh, and the D6000 is sitting right here. Ok, that's just pure laziness, I admit. Without further ago, here are the (not very professional) pics:


Lace, tulle and ribbon flower headband (not mounted yet).  Sits on a pink
elastic headband for this picture, but can be mounted on a clip, headband, pin, etc.


So I'm not so happy with the light pink headband.  Sure it matches the light pink shimmery tulle layered in between those pretty laces, but I'm feeling like buying some red material for the band.  It will be stunning that way... I'm sure of it!


Lace and shimmery ribbon flower with a rhinestone button center.
Mounted on a partially lined white double prong alligator clip.

So here is my favorite.  It is so darn pretty!  The antennas are made with iridescent pearls.  They sit on lace and have a light tulle over them.  The wings are wide satin ribbon.  The whole hair piece screams delicate grace!  

Pink satin butterfly wings with iridescent pearl antennas, lace, tulle
and a square rhinestone center.

Up close and personal pic of my pink satin butterfly hair clip.

I'm off to make a cake now.  I'll try to remember to take & post some pics of that one later.  Have a happy weekend! 

No comments: