Thursday, June 2, 2011

I hate my home. OK, I...

I hate my home.  OK, I don't hate my home.  What a strong, completely inaccurate phrase to use.  What I should have written is, I love my home - when it's clean from toys, dribble clothes, clutter, unopened mail and all the other "Quick! hide that pile, someone is at the door!" stuff that accumulates.

It's not the BIGGEST home.  Nor is it the FANCIEST.  We don't have a 3 car garage (but we do have 2) or a GOURMET kitchen (oh how I wish!)... but what we do have is a lively, active home.  It's hard to find two minutes of the day without some chit-chat, family or friends visiting, or just a good conversation amongst inhabitants.  Those, my friend, are the things I love the best about my home.


Lola and the boys.

My DH and I decided to go on the 5-year move plan and I thought it couldn't come sooner.  But the truth be told - our home is looking pretty spiffy right now.  We had a cleaning team come in and give it a good once-over (way long over-due).  Now I'm playing "keep it up" and since Monday I think I'm winning.  So the fact that Candyland is scattered around the living room doesn't bother me - the wood floors are shiny and the furniture is dusted.  I can live.  And I'm loving it. :)

The boys don't seem to mind we don't have double ovens. :)

So no thank you honey, I don't want to watch another episode of Yard Crashers on love-to-hate HGTV. I can do without Color Splash or any of the other shows that suck you into wanting to change everything and anything you can at home.  We have enough never-ending projects just by owning a home (which we are VERY fortunate for in the first place).  For now I'm happy with it.  Maybe in 5 years I won't be.  Maybe I'll need to hire the cleaning team back again to change my mind. (LOL) But until then, it's home and it's ours.

No comments: