Thursday, May 19, 2011

Houlihan's Ice Cream Tasting

So it's getting harder to keep up with my blog, but I've got some neat news to share.  Last night my family went to Houlihan's for a special HQ Member tasting of three new ice cream flavors they will be launching in July.  The flavors?  Check this out -

  • Coconut Mango
  • Peanutbutter, Banana & Bacon
  • Strawberry Limeade


(Sorry, I was too busy eating the ice cream to make sure I got a pic of all three flavors...)


Yep, you read that second one right, Peanutbutter, Banana & Bacon.  It's called the ELVIS.  It reminds me a friend of ours who likes to put bacon on peanutbutter sandwiches.  I thought he was nuts - perhaps now I'll give it a go myself.  Hello high cholesterol!

So as you try each, the PBB&B starts out with a smooth PB flavor.  As it melts in your mouth, you get the banana.  The bacon chunks remind you that yeah, this satisfies your "protein" requirement for an ice cream meal.  This one almost satisfies all major food groups (you know, dairy, protein, dessert, fruit, ice cream, ummmm dessert...).  How odd, but dee-lish.  In the end, PBB&B was the hubby's, Alex's and my 2nd favorite.  

What came in first place?  Strawberry Limeade of course! It was light, sweet and refreshing.  Perfect for summer.  When these are available in July, you gotta try it on a hot day. It will be love at first bite.

Coconut Mango was last on the list - but mind you, it was a list of greats to begin with.  Hubby really liked this one because the flavor was light.  Alex kept eating it, but since he doesn't like the texture of coconut, he'd spit out the flakes.  What a waste.  I had to switch him out for the Strawberry Limeade - I couldn't bare to see him waste perfectly yummy coconut flakes.  Anyway, this one really reminded me of eating ice cream in the Philippines.  It had the same reminiscent effect on Adolfo.  I won't be ordering this flavor, as I like the other two too much more.  Adolfo, on the other hand, thinks otherwise.






No comments: