Friday, March 7, 2014

The (not so) Original Easter Wreath

So, I thought of this fantastic idea for an Easter wreath for our front door.  I knew exactly what I wanted to do and how I wanted it to look. It had to be simple, festive, and colorful. The problem? Someone stole my idea and put it on Pinterest years ago! Thank You Pinterest, you reaffirm that all good ideas have all been thought of and are now posted for the world to see before you even think of them! Lol

Of course I made it anyway-and I love it!  I hope it holds up to our weather (tired of this winter yet? !?).






And guess what?  This bad boy cost less than $10 to make. 96 eggs ($4 target), a bag of Easter basket grass ($2), a wreath form (Hobby Lobby $2.95 after coupon), hot glue & gun (staple items - if you don't have them already, get them!  They are sooooo useful!), ribbon or strips of cloth to wrap wreath and create a loop to hang it with (& optional bow, which I opted not to do).

Need directions? Search Pinterest.  (LOL/JJ!) ;)