Thursday, March 13, 2014

2-5-7-10 Bag

Happy Thursday Randomly, Jennifer readers!  Today I want to share something I told the girls I'd post ages ago - directions to make the 2-5-7-10 bags.  These bags make cute goodie bags for parties, weddings, showers, halloween, and more!  I used them at Christmas to give some of our nieces some Clinic lipsticks, mascara and eyeliner.  You can decorate them however you like - add emblems, monograms, whatever your imagination comes up with!



Supplies:
  • 8.5x11 piece of card stock
  • Ruler and scoring tool (I use the M.S. Score Board)
  • Scissors
  • Adhesive
  • hole punch or Crop-a-Dile
  • 8-10" ribbon
  • Edge Punch, optional
Directions:
  1. Decorate one side of your card stock using stamps, glitters, etc.  Make sure it is dry before continuing.  Alternatively, you can use a decorative piece of card stock and skip this step.
  2. Across the width of the paper, score at 2", 5", 7" and 10".
  3. Turn the paper and score across the length of the paper at 2" and 7".
  4. With the paper horizontal, cut off the scored sections except for one of the 2" wide sections.  That is what will become the top flap of your bag.
  5. Fold the creases so that when folded, the decorated side is outside of the folds.  I recommend using a bone folder to make those creases nice and tight.  You should be able to see how this is creating an open ended box already.
  6. Glue all of the flaps in (except the 2" flap section) using your choice of adhesive (my favorite is my pink ATG).
  7. Now you'll notice the flap doesn't actually close but instead lays on top of the open end. To make this work you will need to crease the top half of the sides of the box inward enough for the flap to drape over the front.  
  8. Edge punch the flap if you choose to. 
  9. Once the bag is filled and you're ready to seal it, you can punch two holes about 1/2" apart horizontally through the top of the box (see the pic above).  String your ribbon or twine through the holds so that the ends end in either hole in the front.  Tie a bow.
  10. Decorate with punches, tags or whatever your heart desires!
Have fun!

*The 2-5-7-10 bag has been around for a while.  I do not know who originally designed it or remember where I learned it from.  I didn't create it, I just want to share it.  :)  Enjoy!


No comments: