Friday, September 23, 2011

Update from Florida

It's funny how we have been out here for nearly a week and how used to it everyone has become.  It's an hour earlier here than it is back home and the kids are getting up in FL time.  Jakey wakes between 6am and 7am while Alex lounges until almost 8am.  I worry about when we get home, but that will only last two weeks before we head out to sunny CA and have a more drastic time change.

The weather has been upper 80's, 90-degrees F and the humidity is more than I personally care for.  We meet many people - from NY and Chicago too.  They all traded our winters for the heat.  This whole area tends to be transient for guests.  Those who stay beyond the winter bird season must love the heat.  I was told that it could be 90 degrees in December here, but usually come October/November the humidity drops and the weather gets in the 70's.  That will be nice.  That's also when the manitees come here.  I hope we get to see some on our November trip out here.  Fingers are crossed!

The other evening we ate dinner at Pei Wei Asian Diner and we loved it.  I googled it and there are 3 locations back home that we'll definitely have to hit up.  I hope they are all equally as yummy.  Afterwards we strolled the pier.  I wish we took the camera because my phone does not do it justice.  It was pretty, but scary with Alex.  If you fall in, you're in.  Perhaps I'm just a bit paranoid, but we had Alex hold my or his Dad's hand at all times.

That's the first bridge to take you over to the Islands.  It's a neat ride.

The sun was setting - it was quite beautiful.
By the time I caught up with DH and Alex, it was dark.
I snapped a shot of the boys with my phone -
we'll have to go back and try it again with the camera.
Everyday we go on an "adventure" - a favorite activity for Alex.  Adventures range from new beaches or exploring a new town, to visiting the local Children's Museum or shopping.

Outside of the Children's Museum of the Treasure Coast in Jensen Beach.

The boys and I built a "house".
Here is Jakey inside the semi-finished product.

There is a large ship the kids can go under or aboard.
Here, Alex loads and fires a cannon.
It shoots a ball across the room and onto the first floor.
He must have shot a few dozen rounds.

Yesterday Alex chose our activity... and we ended up at Chuck-E-Cheese's.  Even on "vacation", it's a favorite for the kids!  It was Jacob's first CEC visit.  Even at 8 1/2 months, he had fun!




This turned out scary! DH looks creepy, Jakey wouldn't look forward,
and Alex is cut off. For once, I think I turned
out the best (not that it looks good). LOL

Love the pic quality. Alex, tho he looks miserable, was smiling on this.
That's timing for ya.

Jakey's first ride with Charles Queso.

We're not sure what we are going to do with Sat/Sun.  We may head over to Orlando and do either Disney for a day or Sea World.  Another idea was a water park, but I'm hesitant to keep Jacob out that long in water.  We'll see.  Otherwise we may hit up another beach, head to Fort Lauderdale or chill in West Palm Beach.  The nice thing is that we're not pressed to do anything other than whatever we feel like doing when we wake up.  I'll let you know how our weekend goes if I get another blog entry up in a decent time. :)