Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 4 and more...

I'm almost caught up!  The pics for Day 4 of the floor project are below.  Other wonderful news that I'm slow to share include:

  • I FINALLY finished the baby birth announcements and mailed them out.  It's great to have that done and no longer lingering over my head.  When I actually got down to it, it only took a day to put them together.  A full day.  All together it was realistically a 3 day project.  That's how long it takes to do something with a baby and a preschooler, I guess.
  • I received some new Pandora charms for my bracelet from my family.  I have the Susan G. Koman dangle (a portion of the proceeds help the foundation), a Gnome (for Jacob, in lieu of the little boy which is Alex), the pineapple (because Spongebob lives in a pineapple under the sea - and pineapples are good luck), a murano glass blue heart bead (Blue is for boys and I have a family of boys that I love).
  • My sister surprised me with an awesome gift.  The Queen Bee charm (because she's the Queen Bee).  I LOVE IT!
  • Jacob is now waking once... maybe twice throughout the night to feed.  Life is getting better.  I'm not tired as much as before (although I still am tired).
  • Alex has been a total doll lately. He's concentrating on being a good boy - and patient.  He wants to share everything, particularly food (even when I don't want any of it!).  He's such a big boy and I'm so proud of him.
Well, let's finally finish the catching up with some pics.  Enjoy!

Jose, helped out a ton by grouting. He did an awesome job - Thank you cuñado!

Washing up after the grouting took FOR-EV-ER.  I think my BIL and I hand washed the floor a dozen times
followed by mopping another half-dozen times.  Eventually it was clean.

And Wha-La! Kitchen floor looking good!
I love how Alex is like Waldo from "where's waldo" in this pic.

Just the floor.

I need to buy a proper light switch.
Adolfo ran another line so under-cabinet lights can be installed
and controlled with this new switch.  Love it!

And look - the mess in the living room is finally gone!!!
No more dishwasher or stove here!

Daddy's little helper wants in on the picture action.
He's showing off his lego-dog (in his right hand) and Christmas tree (in his left hand).

The pantry door needs to be put back on, but beyond that, it looks great.
Awesome job! Thanks honey!
Thanks for reading!

No comments: