Friday, April 25, 2014

My Cake, Crab Cake & More Cake!

It's been a week full of cakes!  I celebrated my birthday yesterday... and enjoyed cake from my favorite local bakery.  Yum...  Well, usually yum.  For some reason, since I began my baking journey, I have become quite fond of my own layered creations.  But, as my darling husband and family agreed, it is quite lame to bake your own birthday cake. LOL

So cake #2 this week was delivered to another birthday girl... a wonderful woman who is named "Jenn" (not I, said the fly.  I am typically "Jennifer" or "Jeni").  This birthday girl is celebrating today.  Apparently she is a fan of crabs.  Or was it that her friends say she is a crab?  Or she likes crabs?  Awe, I can't remember. ;)

Crab Themed Birthday Cake by Randomly, Jennifer.


I've never carved a cake before... and it was a hot mess before I piped everything!  The cake (chocolate layers, fresh strawberry filling) was sooo moist, it was difficult to carve without it falling apart into delicate tid bits of snack material.  In the end, it turned out pretty darn cute.






Crab Themed Birthday Cake by Randomly, Jennifer.


I received word this morning that she loved the cake.  As I type it is lunchtime, so I am guessing she may be eating a piece of her crab cake now...



Crab Themed Birthday Cake by Randomly, Jennifer.
Oh, how I wish I had a piece to eat too.











So tomorrow I have to make another cake... one for a bridal shower.  Chocolate on chocolate with more chocolate.  (Um, yum!)  I'll be sure to make extra this time!


Funny thing... the bride-to-be is also a Jennifer.  LOL!





No comments: