Friday, April 11, 2014

Freezer Meals, Honey Balsamic Chicken Tenders and Zucchini Chips Four Ways

I went to a party for a friend.... One of those Wildtree events. Yeah, I had NO clue what Wildtree was. For those of you who are curious, you can Google them. I did buy a few things and will let you know more about those when I get them and try them on the family. Well, this Wildtree event inspired me to go home and make some freezer meals. That led to over cooking meals all week (in qty, not drying things out!) so I can freeze extra meals for later. (Sopa Huevona, Tacos, etc.) Seriously, I used to do this more often... why did I forget about it? Dinner on those 'I don't feel like cooking' nights will be easy now. I needed that Wildtree party to remind me how much easier I could make things for later with just a little preparation now.

Picture screen captured from budgetbytes.com.
Click here for direct link to their recipe.
Anyway, while I'm on the whole cooking kick I was scoping out my friend's Pinterest pins for some new recipes... I found these under her "Paleo" board... made them and totally love them! So in the spirit of good food and sharing the wealth (food wealth that is!), check these out. Meat is expensive, so the Honey Balsamic Chicken Tenders is fantastic because it doesn't require much meat so you could splurge on better chicken (organic!). I ate mine on a bed of spinach with the honey balsamic sauce drizzled over top. Yum!


Picture screen captured from
The Copper Collection.
Click here for a direct link to their site.

The Zucchini Chips Four Ways were soooo good! I made the parmesean, chipotle, and salt & vinegar versions. I didn't care for the salt & vinegar but the other two.... oh yeah, did I mention they were soooo good? I ate them up quickly! :)  I baked mine on convection bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for approx. 15-20 minutes. I also put the zucchini through my kitchen aid food processor with the slicing blade. That cut two zucchini up in about 5 seconds flat. Easy peasy. I'm a salt lover but even I would recommend cutting down on the salt if you're like me and use coarse sea salt. Just my 2-cents.






Let me know if you make either of these and what you think of them!

No comments: